Apr 14th, 2021
In this episode Ben chats with Thea Brain about the amazing world of peer-mediated interventions for students with autism spectrum disorder.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
- Brain, T. & Mirenda, P. (2019). Effectiveness of a low-intensity peer-mediated intervention for middle school students with autism spectrum disorder. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 62, 26-38.
- Chan, J. M., Lang, R., Rispoli, M., O'Reilly, M., Sigafoos, J., & Cole, H. (2009). Use of peer-mediated interventions in the treatment of autism spectrum disorders: A systematic review. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 3(4), 876–889.
- Chang, Y. C. & Locke, J. (2016). A systematic review of peer-mediated interventions for children with autism spectrum disorder. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 27, 1-10.
- Boudreau, A. M. Corkum, P., & Smith, I. M. (2019). Peer-mediated pivotal response treatment for children with autism spectrum disorder: Provider perspectives on acceptability, feasibility, and fit at school. Canadian Journal of School Psychology, 34(4), 259-282.
- Capilano University ABA Program: https://www.capilanou.ca/programs--courses/program-profiles/bachelor-of-arts-degree---applied-behaviour-analysis-autism
- University of British Columbia BCBA Track Program: https://ecps.educ.ubc.ca/special-education
- Erik Carter, Ph.D.: https://vkc.vumc.org/people/carter-erik
- Vicki Knight, Ph.D., BCBA: https://ecps.educ.ubc.ca/person/vicki-knight
Thea Brain Contact: