In this episode Ben chats with Dr. Nicole Neil who is an Assistant Professor and Coordinator of the Applied Behaviour Analysis program at Western University. Nicole’s research focuses on behaviour analytic supports for individuals with Down Syndrome.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs):
- McMaster University - Hamilton Ontario: https://www.science.mcmaster.ca/pnb
- Brock University - St. Catherines Ontario: https://brocku.ca/programs/graduate/mad
- Emily Jones, Queens College CUNY: https://www.gc.cuny.edu/Page-Elements/Academics-Research-Centers-Initiatives/Doctoral-Programs/Psychology/Faculty-Bios/Emily-A-Jones
- London Down Syndrome Association: https://www.ldsa.ca
- Canadian Down Syndrome Society: https://cdss.ca
- Deborah Fidler: https://www.chhs.colostate.edu/bio-page/deborah-fidler-2364
- Milleu Communication Training: https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007%2F978-1-4419-1698-3_1679
- Elisabeth Dykens: https://peabody.vanderbilt.edu/bio/elisabeth-dykens
- Off to a Good Start: A Behaviorally Based Model for Teaching Children with Down Syndrome: https://www.woodbinehouse.com/product/off-to-a-good-start-book-1 ; https://www.woodbinehouse.com/product/off-to-a-good-start-a-behaviorally-based-model-for-teaching-children-with-down-syndrome-book-2-teaching-programs
- Neil, N. M. & Jones, E. A. (2019). Effects of intervention intensity on skill acquisition and task persistence in children with Down syndrome. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 32, 1163-1175.
- Hart, K. M., and Neil, N. (2021). Down syndrome caregivers' support needs: a mixed‐method participatory approach. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 65, 60-76.
- Neil, N., Amicarelli, A., Anderson, B., & Liesmer, K. (in press). A Meta-Analysis of Single-Case Research on Applied Behavior Analytic Interventions for Individuals with Down Syndrome.
- Neil, N. & Liesemer, K. (2020). Early behavioral intervention for young children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Current Developmental Disorder Reports, 7, 139-148.