Friday Jul 22, 2022
Episode 40: Applications of Behaviour Science to Foster Care, Runaways, the Homeless and Bullying with Dr. Kimberly Crosland, Ph.D., BCBA-D
In this episode, Ben chats with Dr. Kim Crosland from the University of South Florida about her work in foster care and group home settings. In particular, Dr. Crosland has devoted much of her research to the assessment and intervention for youth who run away from foster care placements. Ben and Kim also discuss her work teaching problem solving and social skills to the homeless. Lastly, Kim talks about her study on teaching group home residents how to respond to bullying by their housemates.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): https://cbiconsultants.com/shop
- BACB: 1.5 Learning
- IBAO: 1.5 Learning
- QABA: 1.5 General
- “ReMoved” Video: https://youtu.be/lOeQUwdAjE0
- Baton, E., Crosland, K., & Haynes, R. (2019). An evaluation of a social skills application for children who are homeless. Research on Social Work Practice, 29(3), 323–332. https://doi.org/10.1177/1049731517729038
- Crosland, K., Haynes, R. D., & Clarke, S. (2020). The functional assessment interview for runaways (FAIR): An assessment tool to assist with behavior support plan development to reduce runaway behavior. Child and Adolescent Social Work Journal, 37, 73–82. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10560-019-00626-7
- Crosland, K., Joseph, R., Slattery, L., Hodges, S., & Dunlap, G. (2018). Why youth run: Assessing run function to stabilize foster care placement. Children and Youth Services Review, 85, 35–42. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2017.12.002
- Stannis, R. L., Crosland, K. A., Miltenberger, R., & Valbuena, D. (2019). Response to bullying (RTB): Behavioral skills and in situ training for individuals diagnosed with intellectual disabilities. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 52, 73–83. https://doi.org/10.1002/jaba.501
- Streetman, C., Crosland, K., & “Rusty” Clark, H. B. (2018). The acquisition and usage of the SODAS problem-solving method among adults at risk for homelessness. Research on Social Work Practice, 28(8), 943–951. https://doi.org/10.1177/1049731516662318
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.