Feb 26th, 2021
In this episode I chat with Hilary and Nicole, partners in the company Healthy Sleep Solutions, about everything from sleep assessment to intervention.
Continuing Education Units - This episode counts as 1.5 BACB Learning CEUs:
- Durand, V. Mark, "Sleep better!: A guide to improving sleep for children with special needs." (1998). Faculty Books. 47.
- Friman, P. C. (2005). Good night, sweet dreams, I love you: Now get into bed and go to sleep! Boys Town, NE: Boys Town Press.
- Greg Hanley’s Sleep Tutorial: https://practicalfunctionalassessment.com/presentations
- Dr. Keira Moore, BCBA-D: https://moorebehaviorconsulting.com
- Dr. Craig Canapari: https://drcraigcanapari.com/year-in-sleep2020
- Dr. Cathleen Piazza: https://experts.nebraska.edu/en/publications/bedtime-fading-in-the-treatment-of-pediatric-insomnia
- Walker, Matthew. 2018. Why We Sleep. Harlow, England: Penguin Books.
- Nicole Shallow Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yourbehaviourgal
- Hilary McClinton Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/coastalridge_aba
- Healthy Sleep Solutions: https://healthysleepsolutions.ca
- Sleep: https://academic.oup.com/sleep
- Journal of Sleep Research: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/13652869
- Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine: https://jcsm.aasm.org/journal/jcsm
- Journal of Pediatrics: https://www.jpeds.com
- Friman, P.C., Hoff, K.E., Schnoes, C., Freeman, K.A., Woods, D.W., & Blum, N. (1999). The bedtime pass: An approach to bedtime crying and leaving the room. Archive of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, 153, 1027-1029. doi:10.1001/archpedi.153.10.1027
- Jin, C.S., Hanley, G.P, & Beaulieu, L. (2013). An individualized and comprehensive approach to treating sleep problems in young children. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 46, 161-180. doi: 10.1002/jaba.16