Friday Jan 13, 2023
Episode 64: Culture-Based Education with Naomi K. Tachera, M.A., BCBA, LBA
In Episode 64, Ben chats with Naomi Tachera, an Indigenous Hawaiian behaviour analyst and mother to a wonderful Autistic son. This conversation is a fascinating crash course in the history of Hawaiian education, the ongoing US occupation of Hawaii, and the oppression of Indigenous Hawaiians. If you're looking to build your cultural competence and develop culturally-responsive interventions for Polynesian clients then this will be a great place to start!
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): https://cbiconsultants.com/shop
- BACB: 2.0 Learning
- IBAO: 2.0 Cultural
- QABA: 2.0 DEI
The Behaviour Speak Podcast Episodes Referenced:
- Episode 9 - Adair Cardon: https://www.behaviourspeak.com/e/episode-9-behaviour-analysis-in-senegal-with-adair-cardon-ms-bcba
- Episode 37 - Grant Bruno: https://www.behaviourspeak.com/e/episode-37-the-realities-of-autism-in-first-nations-communities-in-canada-with-grant-bruno-phd-candidate
- Dr. Ku Kahakalau: https://www.kuakanaka.com/about
- The Pedagogy of Aloha: https://ecoversities.org/podcast/podcast-episode-1
- Kanu o ka ‘Āina: https://kanuokaaina.org/
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.