Wednesday Dec 21, 2022
Episode 61: Firesetting and Forensics - Supporting Adults With Intellectual Disabilities with Josephine Collins, Ph.D.
In Episode 61, Ben chats with Dr. Josie Collins from the Tizard Centre at the University of Kent. Dr. Collins' conducts research on adults and youth with intellectual disabilities in the criminal justice system. In this conversation, Ben and Josie talk about her work in the detection and prevention of abuse in adult residential settings and the development of the Adapted Firesetting Assessment Scale.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): https://cbiconsultants.com/shop
- BACB: 1.5 Learning
- IBAO: 1.5 Learning
- QABA: 1.5 General
The Behaviour Speak Podcast Episodes Referenced:
- Episode 46 - Rocco Catrone: https://www.behaviourspeak.com/e/episode-46-using-relational-frame-theory-to-tackle-stigma-toward-persons-with-disabilities-with-dr-rocco-catrone
- Episode 48 - Christine Bigby: https://www.behaviourspeak.com/e/episode-48-group-homes-for-people-with-intellectual-disabilities-with-christine-bigby-msw-phd
- Ray Miltenberger on Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=11-KrNYAAAAJ&hl=en
- Tizard Centre: https://www.kent.ac.uk/social-policy-sociology-social-research/tizard
- Thanos Vostanis: https://www.kent.ac.uk/social-policy-sociology-social-research/people/1682/vostanis-athanasios-thanos
- Jonathan Beebee: https://pbs4.org.uk/about-us/behind-pbs4
J. Collins, M. Barnoux & P. E. Langdon (2022) A preliminary firesetting offence chain for adults with intellectual and other developmental disabilities, Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disability, DOI: 10.3109/13668250.2022.2037186J.
Collins, M. Barnoux, P.E. Langdon (2021) Adults with intellectual disabilities and/or autism who deliberately set fires: A systematic review, Aggression and Violent Behavior,Volume 56 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.avb.2020.101545
Collins, J., & Murphy, G. H. (2022). Detection and prevention of abuse of adults with intellectual and other developmental disabilities in care services: A systematic review. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 35( 2), 338– 373. https://doi.org/10.1111/jar.12954
Collins, J., Langdon, P. E., and Barnoux, M. (2022) The Adapted Firesetting Assessment Scale: reliability and validity. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 66: 642– 654. https://doi.org/10.1111/jir.12950.
Collins, J., Barnoux, M., Baker, P. (2021) Managing challenging behaviour using applied behavioural analysis and positive behavioural support in forensic settings: A systematic review. International Journal of Positive Behavioural Support, 11 (1). pp. 15-41.
Rekers, G. A., & Lovaas, O. I. (1974). Behavioral treatment of deviant sex-role behaviors in a male child. Journal of applied behavior analysis, 7(2), 173–190. https://doi.org/10.1901/jaba.1974.7-173
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.