Friday Aug 05, 2022
Episode 42: A Deep Dive into the Inequities of Professorship and Authorship in Behaviour Analysis with Dr. Anita Li, Ph.D., BCBA-D
In this episode, Ben chats with Anita Li, Ph.D., BCBA-D, about her research on the status of women in behaviour analysis in terms of pay equity, publishing, and more. This leads to a conversation about her article on solidarity among non-Black people of colour in promoting racial equity.
Correction: In the last 30 minutes of this episode Ben mentions recording this episode in January 2020. The episode was actually recorded January 2022.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): https://cbiconsultants.com/shop
- BACB: 2.0 Learning
- IBAO: 2.0 Cultural
- QABA: 2.0 DEI
- Shades of ABA - Anita Li's Interview: https://anchor.fm/shadesofaba/episodes/Divided-We-Fall-e18i241
- Beautiful Humans Podcast: https://anchor.fm/beautiful-humans
- Stamped From The Beginning by Ibram X. Kendi: https://www.amazon.ca/Stamped-Beginning-Definitive-History-National/dp/1568585985/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2AF5SLRBX07CE&keywords=stamped+from+the+beginning&qid=1659134275&s=books&sprefix=stamped+from+%2Cstripbooks%2C183&sr=1-1
- How To Be Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi: https://www.amazon.ca/How-Be-Antiracist-Ibram-Kendi/dp/0525509283/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2W47EPRWRCXVW&keywords=how+to+be+an+antiracist&qid=1659134318&s=books&sprefix=how+to+be+%2Cstripbooks%2C171&sr=1-1
The Behaviour Speak Podcast Episodes Referenced:
- Episode 26: https://www.behaviourspeak.com/e/episode-26-smashing-the-patriarchy-a-conversation-about-sexism-and-privilege-in-behaviour-analysis-with-dr-natalia-baires-phd-bcba-d
- Episode 27: https://www.behaviourspeak.com/e/episode-27-translational-research-digeorge-syndrome-and-a-little-dash-of-metacontingencies-with-valdeep-saini-phd-bcba-d
- Ayllon, T., & Michael, J. (1959). The psychiatric nurse as a behavioral engineer. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 2(4), 323–334. https://doi.org/10.1901/jeab.1959.2-323
- Li, A., Curiel, H., Pritchard, J., & Poling, A. (2018). Participation of women in behavior analysis research: Some recent and relevant data. Behavior Analysis in Practice, 11(2), 160–164. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40617-018-0211-6
- Li, A., Gravina, N., Pritchard, J. K., & Poling, A. (2019). The gender pay gap for behavior analysis faculty. Behavior Analysis in Practice, 12(4), 743–746. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40617-019-00347-4
- Li, A. (2021). Solidarity: The role of non-black people of color in promoting racial equity. Behavior Analysis in Practice, 14, 549–553. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40617-020-00498-9
- Rotta, K., Li, A., Curiel, E. S. L. et al. (2022). Women in behavior analysis: A review of the literature. Behavior Analysis in Practice, 15, 592–607. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40617-021-00642-z
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.